Dementia Connections is a short-term programme designed to help people with dementia to stay active, Age UK Essex Dementia Connections service need to recruit volunteers in Wickford, Billericay, Basildon and Brentwood to help local people living with dementia. The service is delivered by Age UK Essex and the Alzheimer's Society.
As a Dementia Connections Volunteer you will:
- Work with each client for up to 12 hours (total per client over a number of weeks e.g. 3 hours 1st week, 2 hours 2nd week etc.)
- Help each client to achieve their personal goal. This could be, for example, attending a local social group, joining a keep fit class or going for a walk.
- By the end of the 12 hours you will have helped your client rebuild their confidence and enabled them to reconnect with the local community.
In return you will benefit from valuable training including:
- Corporate induction to Age UK Essex and the Alzheimer's Society
- Dementia Awareness Training
- Dementia Connections Training
- Opportunity to become a Dementia Friend
This varied and interesting role will suit you if you are caring, a good listener and able to give up to four hours per week (usually less)
To find out more please contact Donna on 01268 204469,
or e.mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Age UK Essex is a trading name of Age Concern Essex which is a registered charity (1091058) and company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales number 4309519. Registered office: 112 Springfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 6LF.